Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

17 April 2008

Nobody's Comin' To Your Remake Louise

It was announced today that Ashley Tisdale and her new nose (the second one so far) are planning to star in a remake of the 80's classic Teen Witch. I can not even begin to fully express what a terrible idea this is..but I will try.

First of all, Teen Witch achieved fame and notoriety because it's bad. Like real bad. Teen Witch is by no means a well-made movie, but it is random, weird and silly but beyond all that, it's camp. And you can't plan camp. It just happens. Like a gleek.

Case in point: the writers probably thought they were being super hep by integrating a rap song. They weren't. "Top That" is probably one of the worst songs ever written, yet is just one of the moments that helped the film achieve cult status, as did the other song that is inexplicably performed,"I Like Boys."

The only glimmer of hope on the horizon is that another remake which I was very vocally opposed to, (click here if you don't believe me) Adventures in Babysitting starring Raven Symone, never seemed to materialize. So I am hoping against hope that the same is true of Teen Witch. In fact, just to ensure it, I will say a spell: "Argentum Popularum Sinsarum. Argentum Popularum Sinsarum. Argentum Popularum Sinsarum."

Although.......it might be funny to see Ashley Tisdale get called a dog, a dog, a dog!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger the fabulous miss t. said…

    Um, this is utterly depressing. Teen Witch was one of my all time faves! I searched for HOURS trying to find weird amulets. I have to disagree. "Top That" is one of the BEST songs ever. For some reason after 20+ years the lyrics "I'm hot and your not, if you want to hang with me I'll give you a shot" are still ingrained in my head. I wonder what else might have taken that space....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home