Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

18 May 2007

Misguided moments in advertising

Last night I was watching Tuesday's third-to-last episode of Veronica Mars (sniff) and I noticed something odd: instead of running standard commercials for the first 30 minutes of the show, it appeared CoverGirl had bought the ad time and was airing a makeover series instead. Great way to promote your product, sure. But what really threw me off was the tagline The CW had come up with for this campaign

Now I love the idea of The CW incorporating their initials into other aspects of the network, but this typography reads like “kwhat’s” not “see what’s”

So let’s hope The CW is a little more detail oriented in the future otherwise that network is headed down the Chitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home