Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

05 November 2006

Precipice

This may be one of those moments.

Whenever I watch Sci-Fi movies like Minority Report, where cars drive themselves on crazy magnetized tracks, Back to the Future II, when every kid is flying on a hover board, or any film where Teleportation is used, I always think to myself ‘when are they going to invent that’.

Sure, the automotive must’ve been a pretty sweet invention and air travel that wasn’t confined to a balloon had to rule. But none of these things occurred during my lifetime, the best I’ve gotten is the invention of the internet (gracias Bill) and while it HAS changed the way we live our lives, and write our blogs, I want something bigger, something that will truly revolutionize my life. Well boys and girls, it is my feeling that the times they are, how do you say, a-changin’. People; let me introduce you to Nintendo Wii—Who’s delighted to make your acquaintance.



Now, I don’t know how you pronounce it (why? Wee? Double-U eye eye?) but I know that I want one in a way I haven’t wanted anything since I was a child. It may even extend beyond wanting, this may be a necessity. Now, I’m not a “gamer” in any sense of the word, but I can without a doubt see myself becoming an Anne Frank style shut in if this device ever crosses my threshold.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home