Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

12 April 2007

Have I killed another celebrity?


As a child I thought Madeline Kahn was the cat's pajamas. Hilarious on SNL, uproarious in Blazing Saddles, but the pièce de résistance for me was her role as Mrs. White in Clue. Only those who grew up watching Clue can truly appreciate its brilliance. But then a weird thing happened. After years of not watching it, I happened to find it on DVD around Christmas 1999 and then a mere 2 weeks later, she passed away. I always felt vaguely responsible for her demise, and it seems that once again my accidental powers of homicide have flared up.


Last Saturday in an effort to inject a little culture in my life I purchased my very first Kurt Vonnegut novel, Timequake, and have quickly become enamored with not only his prose but his outlook on life, and wouldn't you know it, he died Wednesday at the age of 84. Clearly I have some odd talent for killing people I don't even know simply by enjoying their body of work.

To that end, I plan to do society a solid and buy Kevin Federline's CD and play it non-stop until I strike again!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger amhessio said…

    I loved Madeline Kahn in both those movies! You killed Mrs. White, in the living room, with the DVD case.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home