Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

19 January 2007

"Slam"dance

At the opening ceremonies of The Sundance Film Festival, Robert Redford got some things off his chest, and I for one am glad!

"Six years ago, we held off [saying anything negative about the administration]. But considering what's happened, I think we're owed an apology. Anyone with a rational mind and a sense of decency is being positioned as a lefty by the extreme right. I believe in the tenets of democracy, and when they get pushed, it pisses me off."

Echoing Redford's sentiments is Angelina Jolie, who was quoted as saying;

"When I travel, people feel uncomfortable when I say I'm American.
They think it's suspicious that I want to do something positive for them.
"I think they wonder why the American people re-elected a President who is
making foreign policy choices that are affecting other countries in a way that
we should question."


I hope everyone, famous or not, continues to voice their disgust with President Bush's current attitude of, "laws simply don’t apply to me," and the unnecessary way in which he tries to enact global change that truly only benefits a Republican America. Ironically, his current political attitude is more in line with the dictatorship he is trying to eradicate in The Middle East. But hopefully, as more and more dissent is voiced causing a greater number of American’s to be clued-in to the truth, there will be a noticeable increase in Pro-Democrat votes simply because no one wants to aligned with Bush!

DOWN WITH THE DICTATOR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home