Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

12 December 2006

Terabithia is the new Agdashloo



Am I the only one who has never heard of this book? Well, apparently it's coming to theaters soon in an attempt to capitalize on the whole Narnia trend. Now, tons of books that I have never heard of are adapted into films and I don’t even bat an eye, but the thing that really caught my attention in the trailer were the words, "Based on the acclaimed, best selling novel"

Really, acclaimed? Best selling? Is that the same thing as calling it "an unheard of second-rate Narnia" cuz that's what the trailer makes it look like. OK, so these two kids who find this magical land full of CGI creatures don't even have to pass through a magical wardrobe to enter their land, it's just there, deep in the woods....like, wouldn't someone else have found this place already? The freakin' trees are walking *cough lord of the rings cough* and the animals wear helmets *cough narnia cough* and the kids have to save the land from some evil something or other *cough every child’s movie ever cough*

Oh, and when asked what they should call this new found land of enchantment, the little girl comes up with the name Terabithia on the spot, like she was just waiting to find a magical country and name it, I DON'T THINK SO! I already hate this movie.

And if I ever discover a magical place, I am fully naming it Agdashloo

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger HED said…

    I feel like Agadashloo is a Suburb of MPJ....

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger HED said…

    Also, It's a GREAT. BOOK. It one a Newberry. Get on it Wieselman.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_to_Terabithia

    (spoiler in the Wiki page, be careful)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jwise said…

    Did it Haverly? it "one" a Newberry...how does one, one something? that is a tough go ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home