Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

27 March 2008

I'm With You Leather


As I wait patiently, clutching a sidekick, for my beloved Gossip Girl to return to the airwaves on April 21 I can at least find comfort in all these paparazzi shots from the set. But it appears a new trend is afoot in GG-world since both Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn!) and Blake Lively were spotted wearing leather (pleather?) pants. As my new friend Ryan pointed out "tight leather pants are the new black tights" And while the sheer thought of this style makes my thighs develop asthma, he's right. I've been seeing leather pants everywhere lately and I have come to a conclusion: I do not condone.

Has anyone actually looked amazing in leather pants? I mean really. Sure there are some people who don't look truly unfortunate in the fitted animal hides, mostly anorexic celebrities, but would I call them enviable ensembles? Nope. There is only one man who has ever maximized leather pants to their full potential: Ross Gellar on Friends, and that's because he saw the comedy in them. And because he tried to make himself a pair of paste pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home