Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

08 June 2007

IMDB: Helpful and Hilarious



I love IMDB. Anytime I wonder who a random actor is in a movie or TV show, they know. But what's even more impressive are the fans, who answer my random questions with such passion and, at times, fury that it makes my heart sing. They've already helped me with Becki Newton and her Olive Garden ads and some Shia background. Now they have answered a question that has been bothering me for years (hours): How did Padma Lakshmi, hostess with the mostess of Top Chef, get that scar on her arm. Not only do they answer my query, but the posters then go on to debate the bravery of a woman who boldly bares the scar on her arm--I've highlighted my favorite passages.


THREAD SUBJECT: scar on her arm?
by shoelesskc: know how she go that long scar on her right arm?

Re: scar on her arm?
by tim-taylor: If you read the biography listed here on her, it indicates that she suffered the scar from a terrible auto accident when she was younger. Such a pity too, to diminish the radiant skin of such a beautiful creature. She still shine radiantly however, such a beautiful woman!~

Re: scar on her arm?
by macadoom66: I believe that Padma is beautiful despite the scar on her arm. She is terribly brave for not hiding it, it is truly rare that a woman of such beauty will wear what makes her comfortable, without regard to what people might say or think. Bravo, Padma!

Re: scar on her arm?
By knisesooz: She's 36 (possibly 37) and incredibly beautiful. On top of that, she has a career which makes her some good money and a rich husband. To blow sunshine up her ass, calling her "brave" for wearing shirts that allow others to notice a scar is ridiculous. It takes away from the true meaning of "bravery."

Re: scar on her arm?
by hazelpunk5: Yeah, 'brave' isn't the word. I would just say that she's lucky to have a such a pretty face. If the scar were on her face it'd be different.

Re: scar on her arm?
by heyfreddyjonesshutup: thats not blowing sunshine up her ass

Re: scar on her arm?
by galinamommy: I think scars are lovely. It's like a badge of honor or proof that she survived a terrible accident. It makes her seem cooler or more badass, or maybe that's just me who loves scars.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Alli said…

    Padma looks great, even with the scar. I love how she has confidence in herself. ~Allison, www.realityonbravo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home