Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

22 February 2007

Life is not a karaoke bar


In recent weeks I have begun to notice an odd development--average looking citizens singing out loud with their iPods. Now I had observed this trend previously, but it had been relegated to teenagers who are too-cool-for-school and the kinds of people I would consider crossing the street to avoid, but no longer! In the last 3 days I have been subjected to the musical stylings of a preppy Soro-stitute oddly humming to Barry Manilow's Copacabana, a suit singing Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls (what is this, 2006?) and even an older Asian lady getting her groove on to Scissor Sisters. I get that you like to sing, but do you get that I shouldn't be forced to hear you warble along to a song that is only audible to you? Keep this unsettling behavior where it belongs, American Idol and mental institutions. well, those are the same thing actually.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger P-Lo said…

    I do this all the time.

    Life is a karaoke bar, my darling.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home