Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

27 July 2006

A: What is bitter

Q: Ken Jennings is?

Everyone remembers weird Mormon Ken Jennings. He was the guy everyone was convinced HAD to be a robot. He lasted on Jeopardy longer than anyone in the history of time which I believe infuriated Alex Trebek to no end. Well apparently Alex isn't the only hater in this game--on his official blog Ken Jennings posted a bizarre rant about how out-of-date Jeopardy is and provided several ways to spruce it up. Now, this is of no interest to me, but what does interest me greatly is the open attack Ken put upon Mr "I am edgy now, I shaved off my moustache" Trebek. From Ken Jennings blog:

"Finally, Alex. I know, I know, the old folks love him. Nobody knows he died in that fiery truck crash a few years back and was immediately replaced with the Trebektron 4000 (I see your engineers still can’t get the mustache right, by the way.) But that’s beside the point: “Alex” is the franchise. You can’t just bring in Ryan Seacrest without warning, more’s the pity. But I think a few little host tweaks would do a lot of good."

Oooh, burn! Now as if that wasn't bad enough, the reformed Mormon--I imagine, only because from what I know of the religion, they are not allowed soda, computers or emotions of any kind--sarcastically apologized for his attack on Trebek by saying this:

"Also, from our July 19 column: we regret the insinuation that Mr. Alex Trebek is a robot, and has been since 2004. Mr. Trebek’s robotic frame does still contain some organic parts, many harvested from patriotic Canadian schoolchildren, so this technically makes him a “cyborg,” not a “robot.” Ken-Jennings.com regrets the error."

So now Ken Jennings joins the illustrious ranks of Funniest Mormon's alongside: Napoleon Dynamite's star Jon Heder and Director, Jared Hess and Julie, the crazy Mormon from Real World who LITERALLY tried to kill Veronica during MTV's The Inferno

4 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger amhessio said…

    I was watching jeopardy last night and I realized all my 'get to know the contestant' stories involve drugs or alcohol. Guess I'll have to make one up!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    haha moustache is a funny word.When i read it, in my head, it sounds like "moostash" it makes me giggle

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger WelshSoxFan said…

    I don't know who any of these people are. I feel so out of touch :-(

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger P-Lo said…

    Ken Jennings has never seen a girl naked. I'll bet on it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home