Ramble on

A place for the mind-numbing thoughts that run through my head

22 March 2006

Apparently I had a sex change

So in my high powered position i receive numerous emails a day from prospective job candidates looking to break into the biz and it makes me feel very important to have this power over people, very steak sauce, you know, A-1....well, every now and then you realize that people exist solely to bring you down a notch or two..the following is an email i received from one of these very candidates looking for a job.

Dear Ms. Wieselman, (yeah, that's right, Ms)
I'm getting in touch with you because I am very interested in pursuing a career in magazine publishing and I am particularly interested in In Touch Weekly. I have several years of experience in the book publishing world (I'd be happy to send you my resume if you'd like to see it) and I'd very much like to make the transition to the magazine business. Without taking up too much of your time I'd like to know if you might be willing to meet speak with me, at your convenience, to discuss your work and the magazine publishing world in particular.
Kind regards,
Courtney Nobile
917.442.1876

Now, i know some of you may feel that it was rude to print her phone number, but hey, i could never call her and let her know what a horrible mistake she made, but you could......Ms. Wieselman OUT!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger amhessio said…

    Ha Ha, that's AWESOME! Don't worry, people think I'm a teenage boy when I pick up the phone after a rough night. 'Son, can you put your mom on the phone.' Uhhh...

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger P-Lo said…

    I'd call her back and act like nothing's up-- you know, talk like you normally do, and see what she does-- maybe she'll think you're a lady with a deep voice. Make sure you sign any and all correspondence with "MS."

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home